Physical and chemical parameters
- Physical state – hard-textured (dense) sheets
- Density – 1.4-1.6 g/cm3
- Solubility – Insoluble in water, oil, methanol, diethyl, n-octanole, acetone
- Boiling point – Not applicable
- Evaporation rate – Not applicable
- Melting point – Not expected to melt
- Heat outout– 18 – 20 MJ/kg
- Heavy metals content – does not contain toxic components or heavy metals
Parameters of stability and reactivity
- Stability – HPL-plasic is stable. It is not reactive, and it is not corrodible.
- Harmful reactions - Not applicable
- Materials to avoid – rich sulfate or alkaline solutions left on surface
Parameters of fire and explosion hazard
- Ignition temeprature – about 400С
- Flash point – Not applicable
- Thermal decomposition – Possible at 250С. Depending on combustion conditions (temperature, oxygen supply, etc.) toxic gases can be emitted, for example carbon monooxide, carbon dioxide, ammonia.
- Flammability – high pressure laminate is not a material with a property of spontaneous inflammation. It can only burn in case of fire, in presence of open flame.